Originally designed for blastwave suppression systems, Vulcan™ flexible ballistic curtains have found additional uses as ballistic curtains to prevent:
- Back splatter in front of bullet traps.
- Shrapnel protection for personnel and shoot house walls.
- Layered protection by being hung in front of critical infrastructure.
- Shoothouse and range anti-ricochet flooring.
- Each panel measures 3/8″x48″x96″ and weighs 80 lbs. for easy handling.
- With a pebble textured surface on the “facing side” and a flat surface on the “back side”, the VULCAN™ rubber sheet is easily mounted to existing walls constructed of steel, wood, and concrete. When used for flooring it provides traction and ballistic protection all-in-one product.
- The panel is not designed to stop or encapsulate bullets, but rather to stop the ricochet and backs=platter from misdirected rounds or shrapnel from rounds fired at close range.